I am always looking for Paleo recipes that are easy and quick to prepare. I love quiche and tried to make a lowcarb quiche with Paleo ingredients this morning. It is so simple to prepare and you can of course vary ingredients to your personal taste. I used German sausages (bockwurst), spinach, onions and red pepper.
- 8 eggs
- 1 red onion
- 2 red peppers
- 4 German ‘Bockwurst’ sausages
- 50 g Spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- a pinch of black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C. Grease an eight inch round cake tin or line it with a paper liner.
2. Beat the eggs in a medium sized bowl. I used the Kenwood Chef
and it is fantastic, as I can chop the peppers, onion and sausages while letting the machine beat the eggs.
3. Chop the red peppers and onion into little dice and cut the sausages into little pieces. I used the STRÅLANDE
chopper from IKEA for it. This little gadget costs only £6.50 at IKEA and should not be missed in any kitchen. No more tears when cutting onions. Also cut the sausages into slices.
4. Add all the ingredients into the bowl with the beaten eggs and mix everything together. Pour the mixture into the cake tin.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes. Enjoy!